You are here: Home > Services > Police Department > FAQ's


How do I get a copy of a report?
Copies of reports can be obtained by stopping at the police station or calling 216-741-1327 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

How do I pay a Fine?
To pay a fine on a citation, call the clerk of courts at 216-749-4300 or Click HERE for Payment Option Info.

How do I get fingerprinted for my job?
The Brooklyn Heights Police Department will perform fingerprinting for residents and businesses located in the village. Call 216-741-1327 during business hours for an appointment.

Is door to door soliciting permitted?
A permit is required for door to door soliciting for commercial purposes. If somebody comes to your door and tries to sell you something, call the police department at 216-741-2700. Permits are not required for religious or political canvassing.

Application for Registration to Solicit

Do you need a permit to have a garage sale?
A permit is required to have a garage or yard sale. Permits are available at the Municipal Center office. You are limited to two sales per year not including the annual village wide garage sale. More garage sale information...

Are scooters permitted in Brooklyn Heights?
Motorized scooters are prohibited in the village.

Police Chief,
David Meade

Contact Information

Emergency or any calls for service- 911 or (216) 741-2700

Office number for information-
Phone: (216) 741-1327
Fax: (216) 741-3868