Project Hope was founded to address those in need within our immediate community. Residents can call (216) 739-3702 to request assistance. All information regarding participants is strictly confidential. Eligibility for these programs is dependent upon proper documentation of residency.
Project Hope Offers:
These services are provided through generous support from the Women’s and Men’s Service Clubs, Village Employees, and individuals and businesses in the community.
- Winter coats, gloves and hats for children;
- School supplies and backpacks;
- The Hope Tree: Each holiday season the tree is decorated with tags listing needed items that the community can donate and is located upstairs at the Municipal Center. Items include clothing, toys and household necessities.
- Emergency utility assistance; (Limitations apply; call for complete details and guidelines).
The Food Pantry, located in the Community Services Office, is available free of charge for all eligible households within the Village. Pantry visitors must sign a form declaring that they fall within the eligibility guidelines. Annual income eligibility requirements are as dictated by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services as follows:
- $27,180 for a one-person household
- $36,620 for a two-person household
- $46,060 for a three-person household
- Add $9,440 for each additional household member
The Food Pantry is stocked through our relationship with the Cleveland Food Bank and local donations. The pantry contains fresh poultry, meat, dairy items, canned goods, paper products, and personal hygiene items. Availability of items varies. Pantry visits are by appointment only during normal business hours. Shut-in residents may call and request delivery.
Community Services Director
233 Tuxedo Avenue
Brooklyn Heights, OH 44131
Phone: (216) 739-3702
Fax: (216) 661-9328
Information Line: 216-739-3713
IN AN EMERGENCY, DIAL 911